In order to spend a little time with my family who’s visiting from overseas, I’ll be featuring a few guest blog posts in the coming weeks. Today, I’m happy to share a recipe from the lovely Aubrey of Just Balancing Health. You can also follow her on Instagram. Enjoy!
“I am so honored to be writing for Joanna’s wonderful site! I blog over at Just Balancing Health. I got diagnosed with gastroparesis a few years ago. That led me on my journey to holistic health. I love to give the tips and tricks I found on my journey in order to help others who might relate. I post about healthy recipes, beauty, healing and all sorts of different topics. Today I have a great recipe for you… Superfood Lemon Poppyseed Waffles!”
- 2 flax eggs (see below for the recipe)
- 1 chia egg (see below for the recipe)
- 3/4c Nunaturals Oat Fiber
- Stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Sea salt
- Scant teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppyseed
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and zest
- Optional, purple corn powder, high in phytonutrients and antioxidants + super cheap!
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 3 tbs. water
- Let sit for a couple minutes until it forms a gel.
- Mix all ingredients except blueberries.
- Place in coconut oil coated waffle maker a little at a time to make a stack of waffles.
- Top with blueberries, more stevia, and sea salt to taste.