Who doesn’t like waffles in the morning? Cuddled up with your family or a favorite book, and a steaming cup of tea, these waffles will warm you up from the inside out. Topped with fluffy whipped cream, and dusted with extra cinnamon and maple syrup, they’re a decadent and delicious treat — and they’re super easy to make, too!
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour, finely ground
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminium-free baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup no additives, organic/unsweetened coconut milk, full fat
- 3 eggs, pastured
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup, preferable grade B
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 apple, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Whipped cream (dairy or coconut)
- Extra maple syrup, preferable grade B
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil, and add the diced apple. Stir and cook until the apple starts to soften.
- Oil the waffle iron, and turn it on. In a food processor, blend the dry ingredients until fine. Add the wet ingredients. Add the apples by hand, and stir gently until combined.
- Cook the waffles like you would regular waffles. Top each quarter section with a dollop of cream, a drizzle of maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Remember to oil the iron every 2 waffles or so (I like to use a coconut oil spray from Trader Joe's). Makes 4 waffles.