On busy mornings, or when I’ve had an unsatisfying lunch, I like to make a quick protein shake. Filled with protein, healthy fat, and amazing flavor, it always leaves me happy!
- 3 bananas, fresh or frozen
- 1 scoop Vega One protein powder, chocolate, or 1/2 a scoop Chocolate Vega + 3 tablespoons grass-fed whey protein powder
- 1/4 cup smooth nut butter (almond butter is thought to be healthier, but organic peanut butter can be a decadent alternative and usually what I pick)
- 4 dates (optional)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder, organic
- 1-2 cups water or milk (I usually use whole milk)
- Handful of ice, or use frozen bananas
- Blend everything until smooth, and serve.
- If using grass-fed whey protein powder, add it at the very end and blend on low speed, as it tends to make smoothies very thick and fluffy.