How many of these can my children eat? Probably the whole batch in a couple of days days. They love them. I love that they are easy to make and everything can be rinsed under warm water and put in the dishwasher. Wipe the counter, you’re done with both the muffins and the kitchen clean up!
This recipe and more can be found in the first volume of the Nourished Village Cookbook.
- 1 apple, shredded fine
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend all the ingredients except for the apple and walnuts in a food processor.
- Fold apple and walnuts in by hand.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup measures into muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out dry.